Thursday 28 October 2010

why yes, i am dressing for my eyeliner

I HAVE GOT MY CONTACTS BACK. This is a source of great and unending joy, as much as I heart my crimson geekspecs -- not only do I prefer my face without glasses, but I also no longer twitch my nose constantly to keep glasses from sliding off my face, and I can wash my face, shower, put on makeup, open hot ovens, and don turtlenecks without undue discomfort. And wear dramatic eye makeup. 

Anyway, I've been wearing favourite dresses of late -- it is definitely the weather for long dresses that will flow nicely in the wind. I've had this one for three years or so and I love how I don't even have to wear much with it to look very impressive. The pattern on this dress, guys. My oh my.


All items thrifted, save the cameo necklace, which is from a pendant I bought at Michael's and the cord to another necklace.


 This next dress has been my favourite item of clothing this autumn. For whatever reason I tend to latch onto a particular outfit every autumn, and this seems to be this year's -- I'd passed it up at Goodwill several times, thinking it was too large and not very fitted, but I love vintage floral housedresses, so I finally tried it on and it fit like a dream. Also, by then it was twenty-nine cents. \o/

I've probably worn it about ten to fifteen times since I bought it about two months ago. It is cosy and pretty and suits multiple aesthetics! Somehow, it has always resisted being blogged, however. No more!


I've been wearing it in a sort of rural, New England-gothic way mostly, although with my heavy brown boots and a cardigan it passes for something cosy and gentle as well. 


Dramatic eyeliner (how I've missed you!!) + Forever 21 Celtic-esque headwrap, hooray!


You've seen this necklace before, but I do, in fact, love it incredibly. Bonus close-up on dress pattern.


 And yes, I'm still highly enamoured of my wee Hot Topic bat necklace. And my lovely owl ring, which is beginning to be a bit tarnished. Perhaps absurdly, I tend to like my jewellery more when it no longer looks new.

It was actually quite chilly outside when I took the last set of pictures, but it's been cosy in the house all day, really! I didn't want to hunt for a jacket that I hadn't even been wearing! It would be disingenuous.

3 comments:

  1. Your headwrap thing somehow reminds me of Patrick Wolf. I feel like it should be part of a photo shoot promoting something like the Damaris EP.

    Also, who takes your pictures? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. *__________________*

    how are you so beautiful always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I am loving your fashion blog but I always wimp out of commenting! Anyway, your amazing dress (third picture) has lured me out of hiding. Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete